Friday 4 December 2015

A Notepad when December goes Missing.

I looked at the calendar. Hey, November's been gone for like three days. I pulled off the sheet in the calendar and found that there was no December. Really missing. If I were writing sci-fi, I could have filled this blank period with time travel adventures till the fireworks go off on 31st Dec. Being neither Asimov or adventurous, I pulled down the calendar to stack it with old newspapers.
The months were printed on only one side, the other side was tantalizingly blank. My daughter refused point blank when I suggested she work out some maths problems on the sheets. "I can't. These huge sheets are unwieldy."
I set about doing what I had done all through school and college days-- make 'rough books' from used notebooks with blank pages--and finally made a rather 'rough' looking note pad. It's not unwieldy and she 'thinks' she'll use it.




I'll be happier to scrap this when all the sheets are used. 
My parents cut the sheets into smaller squares held together by clips. To-do lists or note taking during phone calls is never so easier.

Unsure of its acceptance, I hadn’t given my calendar-disguised-as-a-notepad a pretty cover or artwork with sketch pens. 
It’s not my time to write, “This book belongs to Jyothi. Subject:………….,School:……………..” anymore. 
I’d have loved to have a go with the sketch pens and decorate the covers though.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, who would not have done such similar little something for keepsake purpose even,.. while you are looking all over the place forgetfully everywhere. Well put together in a note which I think would be lovely to add this writing to my favorites. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete