Friday 2 May 2014

Happy Light Writes is born!

I'm here at last at Happy Light Writes.I couldn't have chosen a better day -Akshaya Tritiya. It is said that sage Ved Vyas and Lord Ganesha began writing the Mahabharata on this day!
I share the love of writing with such gigantic figures and pray that I am blessed to continue writing as long as I live. Akshaya means never diminishing in Sanskrit and that's how I want my writing output to be.

People rush out to by gold today ,and here I am mining my mind for something equally precious.Words ,and the written word at that mean so much to me. Its amazing how words,mere permutations and combinations of the basic 26 can bring forth  myriad emotions in the reader.We have all laughed ,cried and been moved by books. Isn't it heartening for us readers to be reassured that there are millions of books out there in the world waiting to be read and savored,even as we greedily devour books everyday?

I love birds and became an amateur bird watcher during the 12 years I lived in Jaipur.Every little feathered creature inspired in me a sense of wonder in its presence ,but when a pandemonium of plum headed parakeets swooped down the skies one cold winter morning,I was stunned into silence.Blue,red,green and grey colours splashed through the morning mist as they squawked and cavorted like crazy trapeze artists.
I now always associate them with happiness,a free wheeling freedom and energy.I feel I can move mountains after a vision so charged with beauty and joy like that.I have it stored inside my heart and on days when I need to pep myself up ,I just close my eyes and look up at their strong lean bodies ,coloured by a generous God and laugh at their antics.Memory is such a blessing to a writer.

Lights are the illumination to the world around and within us.The silent dawn uncovers a mountain peak covered with snow and a world rubbing  sleep from still unseeing eyes.From the light of the sun ,moon and stars ,through oil lamps,Edison's bulbs,fluorescent lights,LEDs and modern smart lights, is evident -the desire of humans to see better.
Wonderful words woven from the minds of a brilliant writer  can make us see the world better and see inside our own hearts and mind,as many familiar and unfamiliar feelings and thoughts echo within.

Just as light also shows up hidden  grime and destruction,words too uncover the not so cheery aspects of ourselves and the world around us.
Join me in Happy Light Writes ,as I discover the world around me through the joyful act of reading and writing.
Be seeing you soon.Have a great day.




4 comments:

  1. May your writing journey be plentiful and fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow your passion with your thought provoking writing. All the best

    ReplyDelete