Friday 31 July 2015

"Miss, Dolly and Hulk"

We treat many of our 'firsts' specially. Here is the first of my writings to win a prize. It is a short story called,"Miss, Dolly and Hulk".

https://www.indiacurrents.com/articles/2015/07/29/August-2015-northern-california-edition

The magazine comes out in both print and e-versions. I have to find a way to get a hard copy in case the link stops working after a few years.

Writing is a lonely pursuit and not all writing goes on to win a prize. Yet, I am able to see now that the reward is in the process and its completion too.
I definitely want to take this pursuit further .
Dr. Kalam said, "Rest? Why do you need rest when you enjoy what you're doing?" in reply to an interviewer's query as to when Dr. Kalam rested from his numerous activities and what he did for relaxation.
I can see how true that is when I write.
I'm sure there are more gems recorded from this great man's life that will serve to inspire many Indians, young and old.


No comments:

Post a Comment